Wellbeing at Work
Dates for your Diary
For some training modules, dates will be arranged once we have a good understanding of
- A Chance to Connect for Non-Clinical Teams The ‘Connect’ session is a safe space to explore and connect to how you and your colleagues have felt during these turbulent and uncertain times. A strong purpose of the session is to support you to understand the emotional journey that comes from living with a crisis such as COVID 19. There will be a chance to talk about your journey in different ways using boats and roller-coasters. The session takes you through a process that will encourage you to reflect on what your current reality is, and to start exploring how you can move forwards towards a different mind-set that can support growth. How to book: Choose a session that suits you best. Email Georgi Daluiso-King (email@example.com) and specify which date you would like to attend. Each session can take 10 people; Georgi will let you know if the session has reached capacity when you book. You will be sent an MS teams invite the day before the session.
Dates and days:
- Wednesday 3rd March
- Thursday 4th March
- Wednesday 10th March
9:30am – 12:30pmArt Club with Sarh James. Once every 2 weeks joins us for an hour of creative expression. Wednesday 5:30-6:30 Email Sarah James to join.
Dealing with Abusive and Aggressive Behaviours Working with abusive/aggressive behaviors – Training that focuses on strategies for deescalating abusive or aggressive behavior and supports staff to process the emotions that come alongside those interactions. We have filled our current slots but if you would like to attend a future date please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Compassionate Leadership To build the skills needed to compassionately listen, attend and support colleagues and patients. For people who would like to develop both their sensitivity to the challenges faced by colleagues and their commitment to help others respond effectively to those challenges and to thrive in the process of their work. Date TBC Click here to apply
Common Room Connect For those who have completed one of the team connect sessions, if you need a space to check in, please drop in. No need to book, just come along Every Wednesday 12:30-1:30 Email Georgi Dalusio-King for a link.
Mental Health First Aid Introduction A one hour introduction to the Mental Health First Aid Programme Tuesday 20 April 2-3pm email Phoebe Munson to apply.
Mental Health For Managers Gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to have effective face-to-face or remote conversations with staff about mental health and wellbeing. April 27th 12:30-4:30 – We have filled our current slots but if you would like to attend a future date please email email@example.com
Midday Mindfulness 15 minutes of virtual mindfulness to help you check in with yourself during the day. Click here to join the meeting. Everyday at 12 noon.
Meditation club An introduction to mindfullness. Tuesday 9th March 6-7pm, Monday 12 April 6-7pm. Email Una Nicholson to apply
Online Yoga running from 24th-31st we will be holding online yoga with Sue LLoyd. For all abilities from not-so bendy beginners to the extremely flexible experts. Please email Una Nicholson for details.
Virtual Common Room Open Sessions a number of drop in sessions where you can speak to someone neutral in the service about whatever is bothering you currently. This could be for however long you need it (up to an hour) at a range of different times throughout the week.You do not need to have attended a connect session to come along. Click here to join the meeting. Thursday 8 – 9am. Thurdays 12:30 -1:30 pm.
- Coaching and Mentoring is available to any NHS or Social Care employee irrespective of pay grade or job role. It’s completely free and availble to anyone who wants to use it in their own time. Once registered, the process is confidential to both parties, who then manage the opportunity through the register website. The Academy offers excellent training, CPD and supervision to registered coaches and mentors, and carries the burden of administration and monitoring for best practice. Done properly, this is a very big responsibility and commitment. Click here to find out more information about the leadership academy and related opportunities.
- Every Mind Matters is a NHS driven mental health campaign that includes resources for supporting wellbeingduring the coronavirus epidemic specifically. Click here to go to the Ever Mind Matters webiste.
- Headspace is a mindfulness app which contains many free meditations and stress busting mindfulness exercises and is free for NHS workers. Click here to sign up to the Headspace app for NHS workers.
- Intensive Care Society Wellbeing page with resources and wellbeing blogs. Click here to go to the ICS website.
- SPFT Mental Health Courses are available to anyone with a Sussex based GP. They include both supporting wellbeing and mental health as well as creative/arts based courses. Click here to go to the sussex recovery website.
- Staff in Mind is a confidential NHS service for health and care staff who may be experiencing emotional or psychological difficulties.Funded by NHS England and Improvement, the service offers an independent, confidential and rapid mental wellbeing assessment. It also provides priority access to treatment services for people who – for whatever reason – may be less likely to seek help or may prefer not to access the occupational health and wellbeing support that is available where they work. Click here to access Staff In Mind.
- The Sussex Mental Health line is a 24/7 telephone line providing confidential psychological advice and support. You can access the line by calling 0300 5000 101.
Articles, ebooks and free downloads
- Guide to living with worry and anxiety during a global pandemic.
- Having a wellbeing conversation with a colleague.
- How to stay calm during a global pandemic.
- Keeping conversations going and reaching a shared agreement.
- Mental Health First Aid for Line Managers.
For SCFT Staff
- Connect 01273 242031, firstname.lastname@example.org Monday to Friday, 9am – 3pm Providing dedicated wellbeing help and support to staff, Connect is a confidential service that is available for individuals and teams at this challenging time.
- HR Advice 01273 242060 Monday to Friday, 9am – 4:30pm Providing dedicated support and advice to line managers for all queries relating to members of their teams, including questions about COVID-19. This line has been set up to help you and your team members stay well and at work.
- Occupational Health COVID-19 Helpline 01273 242282, option 2 Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
- The Pulse has some useful resources in a Health and Wellbeing section (click here for link to pulse resources) which has a telephone line dedicated to wellbeing help and supporting staff.
For Here Staff
- Employee Assist is operating a normal service and can be contacted using the below: From UK Landline: 0800 111 6387 From abroad: +44 845 330 5132 Text phone users dial 18001 followed by 0800 111 6387 (For management support): 0800 111 6385 www.my-eap.com/login If the employees want to use the website the user log in is ‘herewell’